Go Back in Time Twice With Pals Diner and The Touchback Premier! | Arts & Culture
Grand Rapids Michigan - This Friday, April 20th become part of a "Go Back in Time" Event with a gathering at Pals Diner (which is featured in the Touchback movie) at 5:00 p.m. Enjoy a Special "Touchback Cruiser Box Dinner" for $5 or less. http://www.palsdiner.com/ and then on to Celebration Cinema North at Knapp Corners at 6:00 p.m. for the West Michigan Premier of the movie Touchback. This great date movie was filmed during the summer of 2010 in Coopersville and other various Michigan and Ohio locations- It has real football, a great love story, and it lets you dream about life in general.
Touchback's star Brian Presley will be available for a "meet and greet" at Celebration Cinema North before the movie.
Brian Presley is a talented and award-winning actor who attended the University Of Southern California School Of Business and moved into producing in 2004, when he formed Freedom Films. Freedom’s first film was Guarding Eddy, where he played the role of “Eddy Patterson,” an adult living with autism. Presley won Best Actor at the Boston International Film Festival for his portrayal of “Eddy” and the film won Best Film.
In his next four films Presley worked with some of Hollywood’s most talented and respected actors, including: Irwin Winkler’s Home of the Brave for MGM with Samuel L. Jackson, Jessica Biel, Chad Michael Murray, Christina Ricci and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson; Streets of Blood with Val Kilmer and Sharon Stone; End Game with Cuba Gooding Jr. and James Woods; and Lions Gate Films’ Borderland alongside Sean Astin; and most recently opposite Ed Harris, Amy Madigan and Taraji P. Henson in Once Fallen.
In 2010, Presley announced Freedom Films’ partnership with Palo Verde Hedge Fund’s Paul Ross and Tony Stacy financing Freedom’s projects. Their first project under the deal is writer/director Don Handfield’s feature-directorial debut, Touchback, which will arrive in theaters in April 2012 from Anchor Bay.
In Touchback, “Scott Murphy,” played by Brian Presley, is a down-on-his-luck small town farmer and volunteer fireman whose glorious high school football days were cut short when he was critically injured during a playoff game. He often wonders “what if” and then is unexpectedly thrust from the present day back to that fateful instant that changed his life forever. But this time around he has the choice to decide if he wants the life he has or the life that could have been. Touchback also stars, Melanie Lynskey, Kurt Russell, Christine Lahti, Marc Blucas, Drew Powell, Sarah Wright, Sianoa Smit-McPhee and Kevin Covais.
Currently in production on his next project, Presley stars alongside three of Hollywood’s biggest male stars, Gerard Butler, Sam Worthington and Matthew McConaughey in Thunder Run which Simon West set to direct. Thunder Run, is an all CG 3-D action thriller based on the non-fiction book “Thunder Run - The Armored Strike to Capture Baghdad,” by Pulitzer Prize-winning correspondent David Zucchino. Adapting the story for the screen are Academy Award-winner Robert Port and Ken Nolan, screenwriter of Black Hawk Down.
Click on the link below to purchase tickets for the premier which includes Popcorn and Pop! All proceeds will benefit the West Michigan Film Office to further the film industry in West Michigan. https://celebrationcinema.com/visInternetTicketing/visSelectTickets.aspx?cinemacode=002&txtSessionId=76435"
Come be part of this gala event, for a West Michigan made film!
Upcoming Events near Coopersville - Marne
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Kenowa Hills Superintendent evaluation April 23
- My Town Alpine Township: Master Plan open house April 22
- My Town: Forest Hills Northern and Comstock Park help break in newly rebuilt ballpark
- My Town Comstock Park: Resellers needed for Mom2Mom Sale
- My Town: Volunteers needed to help 'Stamp Out Hunger'
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Holland-Grand Haven named healthiest in U.S.
- Celebrating Earth Week at the Grand Rapids Public Library
- Data breach affects millions at Michaels stores
- My Town Walker: Students duct tape principal and gym teacher to a pole
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign