UPDATE: Two injured in rollover crash | News
UPDATE AT 12:05 A.M. (WZZM) -- Two men are being treated for injuries in a one-car rollover accident in Coopersville.
Deputies say the vehicle was speeding near 64th Avenue and Cleveland Street when the driver lost control. The car rolled, ending up about 100 feet into a corn field.
Two men in the car -- both in their early 20s -- were ejected from the vehicle and seriously injured. One of the victims was not responsive. They are being treated at Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital in Grand Rapids. Investigators say the victims were not wearing seatbelt and that alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
Deputies were initially told a third person was involved in the crash, but it was later determined there were only two victims. Dispatchers also reported their initial caller told them two vehicles were involved.
COOPERSVILLE, Mich. (WZZM) -- Emergency crews are on the scene of a two-vehicle accident in Ottawa County.
The accident happened around 10:15 p.m. Tuesday at 64th Avenue and Cleveland Street in Coopersville.
Dispatchers say three people were injured. They say first responders were having trouble finding one of the victims when they arrived.
An Aero Med helicopter is flying to the accident scene to carry at least one of the patients.
We have a crew headed to Coopersville. We will have developments online and on WZZM 13 News.
Upcoming Events near Coopersville - Marne
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Library hosts free workshop on how to take better photos
- My Town Grand Haven: Loutit District Library announce Labor Day and winter hours
- Grand Haven rallies past Fruitport
- My Town: AgeWell of Muskegon and Loutit District Library team up for senior fitness program
- My Town Grand Haven: LDL to host free showing of Frank Lloyd Wright documentary Aug. 28