Ad company to take down poorly placed billboard | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- An advertising company responsible for two poorly placed billboards says they'll take down one of the images as soon as possible.
A WZZM 13 crew noticed the set of signs next to eastbound I-96 near Coopersville on Thursday afternoon. The gun image on one billboard appears to be pointing at the child on the other ad.
Both clients tell 13 On Your Side they had no idea about the oversight, but "Harvest Gathering" says its ad had already expired.
WZZM 13 called Lamar Advertising. The company's territory manager says the billboards were put up before the Sandy Hook shootings, but the placement was a clear mistake. He says the Harvest Gathering ad was left up because the billboard space had not been re-sold.
The territory manager says a crew will be taking down the Harvest Gathering ad early Friday morning.
Upcoming Events near Coopersville - Marne
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Data breach affects millions at Michaels stores
- My Town Walker: Students duct tape principal and gym teacher to a pole
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign
- My Town Walker: Invasive plant culling April 12