Children injured in accident near Marne | News
WRIGHT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Deputies say two children were injured in a two-vehicle crash near Marne.
The accident happened around 4:15 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Arthur Street and 8th Avenue.
Investigators say the driver of a car heading westbound on Arthur stopped at the stop sign, but pulled out without seeing a southbound minivan on 8th Ave. The vehicles collided.
They say a five-year-old boy sitting in a booster seat in the minivan was ejected from the vehicle. He was injured and taken to Helen DeVos Children's hospital. The boy's 11-month-old sister was in her car seat, but she was not responding propertly to paramedics and was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Top Coopersville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cath & Steph Celebrate Beer City USA With Perrin Brewing
- When classes end the renovations begin at Comstock Park Schools
- American Cancer Society celebrates strength of survivors
- Comstock Park will "Paint the Town Purple" for the Month of May!
- Dining to donate: Enjoy a meal that's filling and fulfilling!