Children injured in accident near Marne | News
WRIGHT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Deputies say two children were injured in a two-vehicle crash near Marne.
The accident happened around 4:15 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Arthur Street and 8th Avenue.
Investigators say the driver of a car heading westbound on Arthur stopped at the stop sign, but pulled out without seeing a southbound minivan on 8th Ave. The vehicles collided.
They say a five-year-old boy sitting in a booster seat in the minivan was ejected from the vehicle. He was injured and taken to Helen DeVos Children's hospital. The boy's 11-month-old sister was in her car seat, but she was not responding propertly to paramedics and was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Upcoming Events near Coopersville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Grand Haven: Self-defense training classes offered at United Methodist Church of the Dunes
- My Town Grand Haven: Date set for Chilly Blues Music Festival
- Hands-on Help with Health Insurance Marketplace
- My Town Grand Haven: Harbor dredging awarded additional funding
- Tools for Dealing with Grief and Loss at SLDL
- My Town Walker: Humane Society of West Michigan up for $100K adoption challenge
- Police close U.S. 131 ramp due to car fire
- My Town Walker: Public to weigh in on daycare proposal March 5
- My Town Walker: IHOP to serve up free pancakes March 4
- My Town Walker: Public hearing March 5 for daycare center project