Children injured in accident near Marne | News
WRIGHT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Deputies say two children were injured in a two-vehicle crash near Marne.
The accident happened around 4:15 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Arthur Street and 8th Avenue.
Investigators say the driver of a car heading westbound on Arthur stopped at the stop sign, but pulled out without seeing a southbound minivan on 8th Ave. The vehicles collided.
They say a five-year-old boy sitting in a booster seat in the minivan was ejected from the vehicle. He was injured and taken to Helen DeVos Children's hospital. The boy's 11-month-old sister was in her car seat, but she was not responding propertly to paramedics and was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Upcoming Events near Coopersville - Marne
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Kenowa Hills to hold May 2 event to support veterans
- My Town Comstock Park: Book Sale to support library programs this weekend
- My Town: Kenowa Hills Superintendent evaluation April 23
- My Town Alpine Township: Master Plan open house April 22
- My Town: Forest Hills Northern and Comstock Park help break in newly rebuilt ballpark
- My Town Grand Haven: Mackinac Island painting series comes to Loutit District Library May 1
- My Town: U.S. 31 construction work means traffic slowdowns
- Judge calls convicted murderer a "cold-blooded killer"
- My Town Grand Haven: Play confronts the violence of rape in society today
- My Town Grand Haven: 'Lessons from the Renovation and Restoration of a 1880s Home' May 17
- Celebrating Earth Week at the Grand Rapids Public Library
- Data breach affects millions at Michaels stores
- My Town Walker: Students duct tape principal and gym teacher to a pole
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign