CHESTER TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) - A 14-year-old boy and two pets were able to escape a house fire Tuesday morning.
The fire happened in the home in the 2900 block of Truman, just north of Conklin, around 10:00am.
A neighbor driving by the home noticed a fire on the deck of the house. The fire went up the back of the home, into the attic, and spread to the rest of the home. The fire may have started with coals and ashes from a fire that were not disposed of properly.
The neighbor was able to alert the boy of the fire and help him get out.
The home suffered significant damage.